ARE YOU PARTICIPATING IN TUKOKE FOR THE FIRST TIME?
>>>> READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW!
Before beginning your registration, make sure you have all the necessary information and forms at hand:
1. Who is the contact person for the project?
- Each project must have a contact person. The contact person signs in to the system, after which he/she can register any number of projects.
- Individual projects: the contact person is the author of the project, a supervisor, or a guardian
- Group projects: the contact person is one of the authors of the project, a supervisor, or a guardian
- The contact person should be a person that can always be contacted if necessary. For instance, a phone number should be such that it can be used to send messages also on the weekends, and an e-mail address such that is read daily.
- If the contact person represents a group of authors or several projects, he/she passes on the information to all the others involved. The contact person also receives information on feedback given to the projects and on participation certificates.
2. What information is needed on the participants?
- Name, year of birth, sex (this information is needed for statistical purposes and due to age restrictions on some prizes)
- School (if it is a school project) and locality (again, statistics)
- Name and contact details of the supervisor (if the project has a supervisor)
- Consent form (storing and accessing the participant’s personal data for TuKoKe’s organizational purposes). Each author must fill out a separate form. For participants under 16, a guardian’s signature is needed for storing the name and year of birth. The consent forms should be attached to the materials during registration.
NB! If the participants are over 14 years old, they can be selected to represent Finland in international events. See next year’s events at international competitions (Kansainväliset kilpailut).
3. In which format should the project be submitted?
- The accepted file formats for the project entries are pdf, jpg, and gif (max. 16MB). The actual project or its report can also be in the form of a video, in which case a link to the video needs to be provided on the registration form. Make sure that the original location of the video is such that it can also be accessed by external reviewers.
- Cover page: all written projects must include a cover page which shows the full name of the project, year, and the mention that the project is used to participate in TuKoKe. Instead, the author, school, or supervisor of the project do not have to mentioned (in Category III, they must not be mentioned).
- Select a title that best describes your project. Use this title in the names of all attachments. An example of naming an attachment: Carrot study_ 20_Report
- Describe your project’s content briefly and concisely, using max. 200 words in summary. An example of naming an attachment: Carrot study_ 20_Summary
- Prepare an abstract or a short introduction of the project (max. 100 words, in Finnish), entered directly onto the registration form.
- See more details at reporting guidelines.
4. To which category should I register my project?
- CATEGORY I: preschool and primary instruction
- CATEGORY II: Grades 3 to 9
- CATEGORY III: all other under 21-year-olds (high school students, vocational students etc.)
- CATEGORY Y: For group projects, the authors of which belong to different categories (Categories I, II, and III).
Fields - select the field closest to the theme of your project:
- CATEGORIES I, II, and Y
- biology, medicine
- mathematics, physics, chemistry
- information and communications technology, inventions, planning
- environment, geography
- social sciences, economics, history, linguistics
- IDEAS (no background research has been done, or the idea has not been developed further)
- CATEGORY III
- natural sciences, mathematics
- natural sciences, physics
- natural sciences, chemistry
- natural sciences, biosciences
- natural sciences, other
- technology, planning work or an invention
- technology, data processing and information science
- technology, digital applications
- technology, environmental technology
- medicine and health sciences
- agronomy and forest science, food sciences
- social sciences
- humanities, philosophy
- humanities, linguistics and literature
- humanities, history and archaeology
- humanities, art studies
After selecting the field, you can also register the project for the STEK Electricity competition (STEK Sähkökisa). In this case, the project needs to be related to electricity in some way. The theme can be related to, for instance, renewable energy or future ways to utilize electricity.
5. Consent from the TuKoKe participant and/or guardian
The TuKoKe participant is asked to submit consent for storing and accessing personal data in connection with the TuKoKe arrangements. Please read the details regarding the consent and download the form (pdf). A separate signed form is required from each author of the project (for participants under 16 years old, a guardian’s signature is needed).
- Read about the consent form.
- Read the TuKoKe privacy statement (text in Finnish)
- Download the Consent form (pdf), to be filled out by hand Print out the form, fill out and sign, scan, and attach to the materials.